Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A sad day for this californian

Today was a sad day for me. (It should have been a happy day,because I found out nothing was seriously wrong with my computer and I will have it by Mondayish. Additionally, I found out I can use the school's computers to post on my blog)

When my dad moved from Central Fremont to South Fremont in December, my driver's licence became illegal. I did not have a current permanet address on my driver's licence. Additionally, I hadn't lived in CA since April 2004.

Today I paid my fees, took my test and got a new Idaho Driver's Licence. It was my last physical possesion to give up from CA. I'm already registered to vote in Idaho (So many Republicans, so few ways to vote against them). My truck is registered in Idaho (I'm still considering personalizing it with "Oh Woof"). I've lived in Idaho for over a year, so technically my residency is Idaho anyway (No longer the gypsy I've been accused of being). So this really isn't a big deal...but it is. It's my last real tangible thing to declare my self "Californian."

What a sad day.

3 comments:

  1. at first i think, WHOA that was prolly expensive, then i remember that you were registering and licensing in IDAHO... and that's not spensy AT ALL-at least compared to what we were slightly shocked to pay here, and CALI is prolly even worse!- course, i guess that's the price paid for roads that don't have potholes everywhere!

    what's "oh woof"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Californian is a state of mind, not a piece of paper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Katie... a great state of mind.
    John

    ReplyDelete