Thursday, June 8, 2006

Active

At the end of May, I could feel myself dipping into a depression. My therapist and I talked and he suggested that the reason why is I needed to be more active. I had just spent the past 4 months being very active at work (throwing beef). My body had grown used to it. I spent 2 weeks in Cali being semi active. Only to come back to school and becoming a paper weight. So my therapist suggested I run (yuck!!!!), ride a bike, or anything...just something. He actually suggested I sweat if at all possible. And he suggested I do this every day.

Then, ever so quickly, I got active. I'm now considered an active person - a chubby active person, but still an active person.

For example: On saturday I biked 8 miles on a handcrank cycle. Tuesday I played softball with my ward (congregasion)'s softball team (I had two ups, hit the ball twice, got out before reaching base each time.). On Wednesday I bowled. Today I went on a date with this really cute girl from Pittburg, Ca and we went with the school canoeing for and hour and a half. Saturday I'm going for a bike ride again. Next week will have the same sort of repeat performance.

This of course is all in addition to the rower I bought. I have a rowing machine in my room that I row with for 15 minutes each night. Suddenly I'm Active. Active I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! Sounds like everything is kind of falling into place- as far as opportunities to work out go. I do have to tell you, though... that you aren't really what i would classify as a chubby person... you do have the classic guy beer belly (or keg) but its pretty dang small- not enough to push you into the "chubby" category... Now DUN about 4 months ago... his beer belly was enough to push him into the chubby category... but after about 5 months at the gym... we're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete