Monday, July 21, 2008

Reminder Plates

Antioch, CA

I get to pack these plates again. I hate packing these plates. First off, they are fragile. But more importantly, I hate packing these plates because they have never been used. You see, my mom bought them over 5 years ago. She bought them the September before she was diagnosed with cancer. She was in the hospital for that Thanksgiving and was dead before the next one. We had talked about having a "Thanksgiving Dinner" in June but for some reason (that I can't remember why) that date didn't work for Ryan, DJ, John, KNJ and I. For the life of me I can't think of what is more important than the last Thanksgiving for my mother.

The dishes have yet to be used. I hate being reminded of that missed Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, wish I could be there to help you out.

    ReplyDelete