Sunday, July 16, 2006

Forbidden Fruit

Yesterday I spent my afternoon with an amazing girl. I've known her since she was 3. I used to be her brother's best friend, but at about 17 that started to fade away and I really began to notice JM. We tried the dating thing 10 years ago, but we were in way different spots back that. Last night, after a trip to Mesa Falls and the Teton Dam (Pictures and a blog to follow), we came back to my place and watched a movie while I massaged her shoulders. I loved the softness of her skin. I just love being around her. But she doesn't see me as a potential. She's not going toward me.

In the activities office there is a girl who works for "Talent - Exploration." She is beautiful. She has a great personality. I just love talking with her and hearing her thoughts. She's mature yet can still have fun. She loves life and is living it. But I doubt she has even ever thought of me in any other terms but as the guy in the activities office.

Why is it that we often fall for the people that are just outside our reach? I'm not who I was last year. I know who I am and where I'm going with life. Yet still I can't snag that girl that makes my life. I must like forbidden fruit.

1 comment:

  1. it turns out that the girl that works in the activities office that I think really well of recently was dating a con-artist. Maybe there is hope for me yet: http://www.byui.edu/scroll/20060718/front.html

    ReplyDelete