Sunday, July 9, 2006

The tearful Jelwry

I am not a fan of jelwery. (Before I get too far into this blog - I just want to remind you I can't spell. So I will probably spell that word ten different ways.)

I like rings, to a certain extent. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of jelwery, or for that matter any thing that really detracts from being with the girl. I hatet makeup because I like natural beauty. I hate bobbie pins and berrets because if you want to play with a girls hair you have to take them out of her hair first and often times they get caught on her hair and it ruins the moment of playing with her hair (especially if you were making out at the time). In fact I hate that particular item so much that when I moved Joh out of the apartment I used to share with him while I was dating KNJ, we found like 20 bobbie pins strewn across the apartment from when I would want to play with KNJ's hair. I realize there are times when a girls hair requires bobbie pins, but as soon as that time is over, away they go.

But I digress. I hate jewlry. I'm not sure where this hatred comes from except from the days when I used to be a lip whore and make out with a ton of girls (which I haven't really done in about 18 months) When you're making out with a girl and you kiss her ears, if she's wearing studded earings, it can poke your tounge. That hurts. If she's wearing a necklace and you are massageing her neck, you can get your hand tied up in her necklace and choke her. When you're holding hands and you have rings one and you want to give her an affectionate hand hold squeeze, you can hurt her fingers or yours. (I always have on this one ring my mom gave me. When KNJ & I held hands, it was always in the set of hands that niether of us had rings on.)

That said I had two occasions with jewlry today that that affected me. Siting in front of me today at tchurch was a girl with pearl earings and a pearl necklace. It made her look stunning (don't ask me why, but the dress she was wearing made me think she would look good pregnant, but that's atleast three years off for her). For me all her necklace did was bring back memories.

KNJ didn't want a wedding ring. She works with electricity and on ladders and with electrical equipment that could snag her ring and peal the skin off her finger. So for our weddingI was saving up to buy her a beautiful Pearl Necklace. This got me thinking about KNJ for the first time in about two months.

The second event of my bad jelwry day was when my friend "Mooch" (Her knick name for herself) was sitting next to me in church today. On her writst was a braclet of butterflies. My mother loved butterflies. She had butterfly earings, butterfly rings, butterfly necklaces and butterfly braclets. When ever I would ask my mom advice about what to buy a girl for Christmas or birthday the response was either butterflies or dolphins. Mooch saw me admiring her braclet and handed it to me. It only took a few seconds of holding it and watching the polished sea stones reflect in the light before I was crying. Such a simple piece of jelwry and I start crying. I hate crying in public. KNJ was the only person I ever really let watch me cry. But today, for a brief moment, tears streamed down my cheeck for the beautiful butterflies of days gone by.

On Sunday July 30th will be my mother's three year death date. I'm sure there are more crying fits on their way. If a simple hated piece of jewlry can do it...More of it is bound to come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment