Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I got a job - As a Nude Model

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I have updated in a while. My life went from peaceful to accelerated with one small decision. Instead of graduating in July, I decided to graduate in April. That meant taking 5 classes this semester instead of just the one. It meant begging to get into those classes and then getting Fin aid to transfer money around and do a whole bunch other stuff. Now everything is settled. My classes are settled and I'm ready to start returning to a normal life.

However, one more duck had to fall into place before life was settled. I had to get a job. Today I got word that I will be working as a BYU-Idaho Nude Model this semester. BYU-Idaho's Art Department hires "average" people to draw pictures of. I'm "average." So I will be working 1-3 days a week as a model for the art department.

Now - before you throw up...I won't be completely nude. Not among all of these nice little Mormon kids. Nope - instead I'll be wearing shorts that my new boss said were the equivalent of wearing a Speedo.

I know my sister (who was an art major) will be happy to hear I'm progressing the word of art. For me, though, it just sounds like a cool job. How many people get to put on their resume that they were a model?? I can.

7 comments:

  1. What do i say to this???? I guess good for you... definitely got me wanting to see what the heck it was all about- i look forward to many interesting/exciting stories about you life as a nude model at BYUI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I saw this and started laughing, Of course I'm happy for you, I just wish I could have such an easy job as well. Have fun with it and don't forget to share all the good stories with little 'ol me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great opportunity, I think. At least it is you and not me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my... I hope it is a great opportunity for you.. you and only you would do this.. but congratulations... You will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with John... At first i thought, I COULD NEVER do something likethat- but it kind of seems like something Sean would be okay with...

    ReplyDelete
  6. indelicate question - do the art students paint/draw/sculpt the Speedos as well, or do they employ "artistic license" to illustrate the covered areas? If it's the latter, I'd try and make friends with the artists so that you get a generous estimate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm willing to bet that most of those students would not know what such hardware looked like...They just might draw a stork in my pants if they were to have artistic licence beyond the speedo.

    So no - I think the Speedo is as far as they get to draw.

    ReplyDelete