Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Life Lists and a little OCD at the same time

My sister wrote a blog today about her life long list. (she was stealing from someone else for hers) This is the list you have of things you want to do before you die.

I'll admit that I have a pretty detailed list as to what I want out of life. I organized it as a "Stay In School" list. It is no secret that I hate being in school, but at times I need reasons to stay here. For example "If you don't get degree, you can't have this...."

There are six areas on my list (like I said - OCD): Involved in, Education, Travel, To Learn, To Have and To Be.

Just a sample for you:
To Have
Family (including a wife, 2-4 children, & a dog)
House (Garden, garage, home entertainment center)
Transportation (Truck, Subaru, Trailer)

Travel
Domestic (Disneyland, Vegas, Enchanted Highway, East Coast including Virgina and DC)
Foreign (New Zealand, Ireland, Russia, Canada & China)

To Learn
Cello
ASL
Photography
Woodworking
Welding
Quilts
Stars
Oceans

Like I said, it is a pretty comprehensive list. There is more to it but that's a good portion.

7 comments:

  1. You've gone and inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell your brother, but I'd pass on Vegas unless you're there for something specific, like CES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CES?

    I'd mainly like to go to Vegas to see the water art at the Belagio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is also a list of things I would like to due if I had a small fortune:

    1. Create a scholarship for students and titled the scholarship after my parents.

    2. Buy a NEW car for John.

    3. Buy a hand crank cycle and a recumbent cycle.

    4. Build a homeless shelter.

    5. Solve Autism

    6. Find a cure for cancer (namely skin, breast and ovarian cancer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just visited your link for the enchanted highway... i want to go there too. We should make a road trip out of it! and by road trip i mean we should fly there and rent a car- or look at it from the plane...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate to be the bearer on bad news, but the only way to get to the Enchanted High way is to take a CAR road trip. It is in the middle of no where.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, i guess maybe when we have nicer cars and i have some prescription sleeping medication...

    ReplyDelete