Saturday, January 19, 2008

Don't do drugs - You may get eaten

Right after 9/11 the government thought it would use the fear from terrorists to slow the use of drugs in America. They stated in commercial after commercial that by buying and selling drugs you were only helping to fund attacks on innocent Americans. It was an unbelievable marketing campaign that was just as successful as other battles in the War on Drugs. We have not been hit on US soil for over 5 years yet I still have friends using drugs.

So it is time for a change in strategy. Forget about the terrorists. Instead let's try terrified tigers.

In a recent report by the city of San Fransisco's Police Department, the three young men involved in the tiger mauling on Christmas Day had "smoked Marijuana at home in San Jose before going to the zoo. On the way to the zoo, the victims consumed alcohol." I can only see this naturally leading to a nationwide anti drug campaign.

A man in a tiger out fit comes onto the Screen and says, "If you smoke marijuana I will eat you."

A man with a scar across his neck will then come on the screen. "I only took two tokes and the tiger ate me."

Then there would be a video of a funeral procession, with the words voiced over. "Some people that smoke marijuana, and go to the zoo, DIE."

As a closing shot there would be a casket ready to be lowered into the ground and the visual of a tiger running and jumping on top and the voice over saying "So don't do marijuana or a tiger will eat you."

Watch for this ad in the coming months. I'm sure it will work better than other anti drug campaigns.


--
(For Dun: Egg, chick)

7 comments:

  1. So you will probably not do drugs now, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Gu would let me, I'd have a pet tiger *snaps fingers* THAT fast.

    And I would TOTALLY train it to eat druggies. That would be bad news for our neighborhood...heh heh heh heh...

    I like your idea, Sean. Way cooler than those scrambled egg "your brain on drugs" commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you see, I LOVE the egg one. The only commercial I love more than the egg one was the meth one, where the chick Says "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. [using the egg metaphor] This is what meth does to your body and your friends" at which point she takes the frying pan and destroys the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops. I stand corrected. Heroin. Not meth. Heroin. easy mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the one with the chick in it too. Thanks for the link! Took me back to after-school tv.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that the tiger only eyes you hungrily if you smoke pot but don't inhale. It's the inhalation that triggers the pounce. True, he gets very angry and goes home hungry, but he won't eat you.

    ReplyDelete