Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lunch

Antioch, CA

I know I announced this on facebook, but I'm not sure I announced it here. I'm going to be raising rabbits for a while. I want them for their manure and then we will slaughter them and have an Easter Stew. I'm raising them at Tom's place and we are helping the kids with not getting connected to them by naming the bunnies Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and the mama rabbit is named Supper. I was going to spray paint a B, L, D & S on them, but someone pointed out that that would ruin the gloves and mittens later. So I think this one is Lunch, but it could be Dinner. They look a lot alike. However, I'm sure they will taste the same.

8 comments:

  1. Taste kinda like chicken (the dark meat)...the hind legs are the best part...just an FYI ';]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the hind legs were the lucky part. Isn't that where lucky rabbit feet come from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still like snack better than supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like snack better than supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tric: We're not going to eat the bunnie. We won't eat him until he is a full grown rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way Tric, check out Whenever Videos for a video of the bunnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of facebook, why can't I find you on there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing about the lucky foot is complicated =P its ONLY the hind left foot that is supposedly lucky. And in older times when the myth of the lucky rabbits foot was formed, not only did it need to be the hind left foot but the rabbit had to be caught and killed in a cemetry and on a night with the moon in a particular phase. ^_^ besides I meant the thighs as far as eating goes.

    ReplyDelete