Monday, August 31, 2009

Making me smile

There is a blog I used to read where once a week she would recap the things that brought a smile to her face. I would like to start something similar. In the past 5 days, these are four written things that have caught my eye and made me smile.

"The Vest inflates around me and vibrates at varying frequencies, which helps stimulate the cilia in my lungs to release the mucus and "shake" it out. Then I get to cough it up and spit it into tissues. It's awesome." - a friend describing life with cystic fibrosis.

"Day 1 with the kids and we've already got an ER visit under our belts."- a friend who is taking over the custody of her sister's kids.

"I am getting ready to help my wife get ready to help our daughter get ready for her first day of kindergarten." - my brother.

"I just finished getting ready for school dry run. Not going to cry, okay maybe a little, by myself, locked in the bathroom." My sister in law regarding the same situation.

2 comments:

  1. I know, isn't it great how I used to do that? ;) I just don't think I'm steady enough to keep a regular weekly feature on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I was referring to this person:
    http://chillygator.blogspot.com/2009/08/things-that-made-me-laugh-this-week_28.html

    But yeah it's a shame you don't do gratitude thursday any more.

    ReplyDelete