Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm feeling vain


I went to get my hair cut this morning. I've had the same stylist for a year now and it was really weird to have someone else's hands in my hair that weren't Molly's. (I think I will have the same problem once I get a massage. I had Hannah's hands all over me for almost 2 years.) Molly was spectacular and worked with me to help me figure out what works best for me. In High school I used to shave all three sides of my head to avoid the feeling of hair. While KNJ & I were dating she told me that I needed to grow out my sideburns if people were to take me seriously. Molly worked with me to help me see that I had sideburns that didn't irritate me.

Today while getting my hair cut the lady asked me if I wanted to trim my eye brows while I was at it. This brought back a memory from when Nina and I first started dating. I don't remember how it got brought up (I think my crazy roommates were doing something with hair removal.), but Nina made a really good point about my eyebrow situation:

Sean - What's wrong with my eye brows?

Nina - Well, Sean, most people have two, not just one.
(And she smiled that adorable smile she gets when she's being flirty and sinister at the same time.)

I denied the lady cutting my hair an opportunity to trim or shape my eyebrows, but the whole ride home got me thinking - do I need to do something with my eyebrows so, like KNJ said, I can be taken seriously? How does one go about trimming and shaping his eye brows? Waxing? Shaving? Lazer? Plucking? Nuclear Bomb?

I've got a lot to think about. I guess my top priority is to decide whether or not I need to have two eyebrows or just one. What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Unibrows are fine on guys. On girls...not so much. Whatever you do, don't shave it. If you're going to pluck, you may as well wax...it's quicker. Tweezing gives a more exact shaping since you can pull one hair at a time. Guys don't need exact shaping. Guys don't need to do anything to their eyebrow hair, in my opinion. Nose and ear hair...keep that stuff to a minimum, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and if you have a random mole that grows hair, please pluck it as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you wanted my vote, I see nothin wrong with a guy gettin some hair removed from places that need it. So, go for it if thats what you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waxing, absolutely. Everyone should have two eyebrows. Tweezing is slow and painful, but needs to be done in between waxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think TWO!!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would say two, but tis up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. two is always better than one. get'em waxed. i can't STAND plucking, but waxing... i can handle waxing.

    ReplyDelete