Saturday, August 25, 2007

Traffic

Benicia, CA
This picture is significant for three reasons:

1. I've been trying to get a traffic shot for about a month now and finally got one.
2. I was one of the last few people to use this bridge. Tonight at 10 PM, people going Northbound on 680 freeway started using the new bridge that is to the right in the picture. The bridge I was on was 2 way until 10 PM. It is now one way.
3. You may notice a concrete line underneath the Mustang in front of me. The third lane on this bridge wasn't supposed to be a lane. It was built as an emergency turn off. But after the Loma Prita earthquake in 1989 that destroyed a section of the Bay Bridge and made the Bay Bridge unusable, the third lane was opened. I always hated being in this lane, knowing that it is not technically a car supported part of the bridge. No longer will I need to worry as I drive over it The new bridge is fully supported.

(Beyond the Cut - Tech Party 2007)

2 comments:

  1. Who's the gal that you took a whole bunch of pictures of? i didnt see a name anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took pictures of three girls - so I don't know which you are referring to, but I went through and labeled one picture of each girl.

    ReplyDelete