Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Random Thoughts from sean

Johnny Daimon is a traitor. Still.

Looking for work does not build character. It's just frustrating.

If you are not guilty, don't plead guilty. This recent Larry Craig episode is so annoying. Larry Craig is an idiot and thankfully won't get reelected.

Closer, My Boys, Mad Men almost fulfill my need for the Office, but not quite yet. I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the Office in September.

I'm very tempted to travel to San Fran on Thursday. In California (with 12 million plus people around the bay area) sometimes pollution gets so bad that they have "spare the air" days. On those days all public transportation is free in the morning. So I could literally go to SF for free in the morning and as long as I left The City by 12:30pm, I could get home for free as well. I could take all the pictures I wanted and see all of the sites as long as I was out by 12:30 PM. Very tempting.

I don't understand it when I get rejection letters that say that I am qualified for the position, but they don't want to interview me. Why the hell not?

I kind of got a job offer today. I got a letter from Marin county today telling me that while I had applied for the full time position, I had been put on the on-call list as a drug counselor assistant. When they need me I'll get called in to help clients in a residential setting. I'll help them with their daily activities, help with intake and help observe unitary tests.

Running a photo a day blog is hard. Some days (like Thursday) I may take 100 pictures of San Fransisco, but I can only post one of them. Then the next day I may totally forget about taking my camera with me and at 11:45 PM I'm taking pictures of my fridge or be taking pictures of wood carving projects I've been working on. And then on days like today when I'm grumpy and depressed, I still have to take a picture and I feel a sense of duty to do something at least some what entertaining. Then there are days where I see the perfect shot, but I'm gong down the freeway at 75 miles per hour and I have to miss the shot because there's no way to pull over and take the shot. Then there are the problems with my camera...the shutter problem, the broken LCD, and the lack of detail allowed in the shots. I desperately need a job so I can afford a better camera so that I can take pictures of insects up close or of belt buckles or even belly buttons. I love the camera my dad got me, don't get me wrong. It was a nice step up from the throw away cameras I was using. But in true family form - I just have to have the next better up gadget.

I don't date smokers for reasons other than my religion. Recently I was talking to a friend and we saw this really cute girl and I was noticing her (Just noticing her Nina. Hi Dear) when suddenly we saw her smoking. I said Oh well and moved on. My friend said that as a Mormon that was the only reason I didn't care about the girl. This is not true. My religion has nothing to do with whom I date. I would have dated non-members in Rexburg if there were any that weren't also clients of mine at the same time. No, actually, the reason I don't date smokers is because I consider smoking to be a cancer stick. And I refuse to voluntarily watch yet another loved one go through cancer. I have watched cancer destroy the lives of so many loved ones - I refuse to go through that again. We ALL know that cigarettes lead to lung cancer. It is a preventable thing we can all do to avoid cancer. DON'T SMOKE. And if a girl is willingly saying "I don't care if I get cancer" - well then -I don't want to date her.

On the cancer thought - Skin cancer runs in my family. If you see me at the pool and I've got my shirt on - it's not because I'm trying to hide the rolls of fat I have. (You can ask any roommate - I proudly show those off.) It's because I don't want skin cancer. I don't care how much it slows me down in the pool. i don't want skin cancer.

I think that does it for my random thoughts this week. I swear - as soon as the research is done, I will write the next installment in the dead animal series. Please just have patience.

2 comments:

  1. Three new minutes of The Office to tide you over until the end of September:

    http://youtube.com/?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I've been using to tide me over...but that commercial is awesome.

    http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/1/103

    ReplyDelete