Monday, November 10, 2008

The big secret

I have about 6 other blogs that are all half written, but for some reason - I want to post this one before finishing the others.

Just over a month ago, the brother, the sister-in-law, and the niece came to visit. Good times were had by all and there was very little arguing (which is rare for us as my conservative views often clash with the rest of my family.) On the Tuesday night prior to their departure, my father came to me and said, "So has Chad talked to you about that thing?" Being too dumb to respond, "Oh yeah! Can you believe it?" I responded that Chad in fact had not talked to me about anything. "Oh, well I'm not allowed to tell you so just forget I mentioned it."
--
Let's break from this for a moment. Imagine for a moment that you have a brown bag. Inside that brown bag you have let's say 40 cats. In a moment of sheare genius you decide to open that bag and the cats get out. Have you ever tried to heard cats back into a bag, once the cat is out of the bag?
--

I haven't been able to simply forget my dad mentioned it. Instead, I've shared with some of my friends and co-workers the idea that my liberal sister-in-law and liberal brother have a secret they are holding onto that my father says, "Really Sean, it's no big deal."

But I didn't think it was fair to hold this discussion off line, so I open it up to you - all two of you that read this - and welcome your ideas. What could the big secret be?

No comments:

Post a Comment