Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blessings by the few

I've been feeling a little down lately. I have a stupid cough that just won't go away. I have a running nose that likes the stupid cough and so it is sticking around to flirt with the cough. I live in a state with the third highest unemployment in the country and I work for the government which says it is very close to having no money. I didn't get a kiss on New Year's. (Though Zoe tried) I recently turned 30 so technically no longer qualify for the congregation I'm in (it is a Young Single Adult ward which is supposed to have single adults 18 to 30. At 30 you are supposed to move on. Lucky for my my bishop told me not to worry). A lot of my friends are off at college or missions or just avoiding me. Or maybe I'm avoiding them. Lastly - I'm having to move.

I hate moving. I hate packing. I hate interviewing people to see if I and them would make good roommates. I hate having to try to find a place near my gym, office, family and not a whole lot of commuting. So far I've looked at 5 places and none of them were places I wanted to live but could live if I needed to.

Then tonight the Lord blessed me. I was approached by some friends and asked if I wanted to move in with them. I already garden there and raise my rabbits there. Plus it is back in the ward boundaries for the ward I love to be in. It's close to my gym and to both the Antioch office and the Oakley office. I'm super oober excited. It was just the right blessing at the right time to cheer me up.

Some people get blessings by the plenty. But for me the Lord blesses me with blessings by the few. A choice few that come when I need them most. I think I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment