Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An open letter of Apology

Dearest Emily, Brother Hartvigsen, and anyone else that has attempted to teach me grammar:

I'm sorry. I recently discovered that I might be a bit of an embarrassment to you. You see, there is this girl that I like that doesn't have access to the internet for 18 months (Only 10 more to go). So she can't read Teaching Sean online. To help facilitate her ability to be taught about Sean, I print off appropriate posts from Teaching Sean (she doesn't get the poetry or anything majorly about her). When I copy the stuff off of the Internet I put it into Microsoft Word. Here in is where I'm finding the errors of my way. As soon as I click the "paste" button red and green squiggly lines over run my screen. It turns out I can't spell or use correct plurals or tense to save my life.

Please understand, I listened. I learned. I tried my best to retain. I know the basic structure of a diagrammed sentence. I vaguely remember that gerunds exist and that they are cool and annoying. I remember the history of English from that riveting book "Adventures in English." But for some reason - the red lines and green lines show up.

So once again, my apologies. I'm so sorry you have had to and continue to read my very poor English. I hope you are able to suffer through.

Sincerely,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment