Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day


Antioch, CA

I try to not be political on Photo a Day, but I was very happy to be an American today. To see the dreams of Martin Luther King fulfilled and to see our country come full circle from the atrocities of the 1800s - what an amazing day to be an American. I watched as much as I could at home before going to work. Once at work we were left to listening on the radio as the bandwidth for the County's computers were over ran. I came home tonight and listened to the speech one more time and was reminded of what a great country I live in. I loved how Obama reminded us that we are the same hard workers and innovators as we were before this economical crisis. We are the people that put a man on the moon. We are the people who helped two men start a computer company in their garage. We are the people that brought home the Power Soccer World Cup. This hasn't changed since the economic crisis. We've made it through tough times and we will do it again. Because we are Americans.

--
As icing on the cake, it was nice of MSNBC to show the white moving trucks packing up the last of Bush's crap. Good ridance.

(BTC - More from Yesterday - I like the third one the best)

No comments:

Post a Comment