Saturday, February 18, 2006

PB&J

I have been seeing this girl recently that often chides me for having never had a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.
So on Friday I went to a grocery store and bought white bread (I've been eating wheat bread but if I found I didn't like this adventure, I didn't want it to be because the bread tastes like raw sewage). I already had some PB (and jelly). Like a nervous child on Christmas eve or something else, I paced the house considering the adventure I was about to embark on. I was going to have a PB sandwich.

At about 4pm (I wore my self out pacing and had to take a nap), I pulled the PB out of the cupboard. I pulled out the bread and a plate and a knife. I had some apple juice close by if I needed to wash down the taste. I made two sandwishes. 1 was strictly PB. The other was a PBJ. Having never done this before and feeling to stupid to get directions off of google, I put PB on all four slices and Jelly on two slices. Then I decided to eat it.

It turns out the apple juice would have done no good. The white bread and peanut butter clung together and formed this incredible solid mass attacking the roof of my mouth. Apple juice would have simply moved this mass into a position to clog my throat. Once my saliva enzymes broke down the mass and I got to finish the meal...I must say it was very good. The PBJ had similar consequences. In fact they were so good, I made my self another.

1 quick point though: I think it would have gone better if I lost my peanut butter viginity to creamy peanut butter instead of chuncky. I spent half the day picking the chuncks out of my teeth. But I was so fearful creamy peanut would taste like creamy corn (homeless corn is yucky in the tummy.)

The next adventure - banana. I bought one today for 18 cents. I'm going to test the waters on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment