Saturday, December 2, 2006

I went to a jazz thingy tonight

I have started seeing this girl, SZ, from Rockland, Il recently. We met in the Galley (I know - how romantic!) and I really enjoy her companionship. Tonight she had a great idea that at first scared me.

A hangout place recently opened up in Rexburg called Heart Mind and Soul (They took my "hot chocolate" idea and expanded it greatly.) Every night they have some form of live music. This evening was no different. Tonight they had a jazz band playing jazz music, and SZ suggested we go.

It was amazing.

I'm not a big jazz fan, but they had a guy playing there tonight named Brent Jensen. He played the alto Sax and he mezmorized me. SZ is very attractive and very comfortable, but every now and then I was just transfixed. There was a guy who was playing and instrument that looked like a trumpet but wasn't a trumpet and he did great as well. There were a magnsifgant drummer and up right bass players as well.

It was just a great evening. I'm considering converting over to being a bit more of a Jazz fan.
I can still hear the sax in my head (along with the Pussycat Dolls singing "Buttons".)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, first of all, it's Rockford, and I'm actually from its suburb, Machesney Park. But besides that, pretty accurate. I had a lovely time,and the music was fantastic . Oh, and it's called a fluegal horn, just fyi.

    ReplyDelete