Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Resolutions

It's that time of the year again. It's time to make resolutions. My resolutions for this past year were the three basic (eat right, exercise, and read more) and then the two additional ones (graduate and get a job). I managed to do all of those but the exercise one. (Though, I recently found out that I'm back down to 190. Who would have thought that a seditary lifestyle would help me lose weight!!)

The year before was to write to my grandmother more, which thankfully I did because she passed away before 2006 was over.

This year I'm trying to figure out what my goals should be. I will of course add the obvious three but I'm trying to figure out who I want to be by Jan 1 2009. This is a hard process. I have no expectations for this year. I don't know if I'm staying where I'm living or if I'm going to become a gypsy and move around some more. I don't know if the job will work out and I'll have reasons to stick around. I don't know if I will find a girl that likes me for me and I like her for her and we can get married. I just don't know what the year holds, so I'm not sure what goals to set. I think I can go as far to say that I don't know my level of devotion to 2008. I was semi dedicated to my goals in 2007. I was very strongly dedicated to my goals in 2006. But what to do with 2008 - I'm just not sure. Am I dedicated to 2008 enough to have lofty goals (become a better Mormon, get rock hard abs, or cure cancer) or do I need more simplified goals (eat salad three times a week, read A book, or post a photo a day for all of 2008)? I'm just not sure.

So for now I will just be sure to commit to 2 goals:

Eat right
Exercise more

Maybe as the year progresses I'll be able to tell you more.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    I find it amazing that while you continue to age, I don't. Maybe it is from having such a "young" girlfriend [To reassure readers - I don't date underage - less than 45 yo - women, my GF is my age].

    In the spirit of a new calendar year and a new "Sean" year, I wish you well in the coming months and years.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. dun just commented to me that you're a "cool cat"... i have never in my whole life heard him use that expression... so i'm pretty sure you've "arrived"

    as far as MY NY'sR i think i will set the goals to organized the stackable drawers in my computer room and be more cautious about the budget... i mean, at least consider it before purchases

    ReplyDelete