Thursday, February 7, 2008

Barred Windows

Antioch, CA

I represented my office at a farewell party for one of the therapists in the county I work for. Today was her last day and we ate at a Mexican restaurant that not only had bars on the window that faced out, but bars on the windows on the inside.

(On a personal note, I generally don't eat Mexican for lunch when I'm working. The reason being, for the rest of the day, when my unit would smell funny I was forced to look innocent when instead I wanted to admit, "Yup - that's my butt.")

2 comments:

  1. i'll make a mental note to never feed u mexican for lunch.

    thanks for the headsup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry in advance...it seems like every story I tell starts, "Back in Nicaragua..."

    But anyway, in Nicaragua all the houses had those bars. Super-authentic! :-) I think it's good that they have them inside as well. My first night in one area, my companion and I came back to our house to find the door slightly open. As we walked in, this crazy-looking guy with a HUGE knife came running out. We both got out of his way, and I guess one or both of us yelled pretty loud, cause a whole bunch of neighbors came to see what was up - including one guy with a handgun :-). We figured out later that he'd crawled in through a window - the bars on that particular house curved out at the bottom, leaving a space *just* big enough for him to fit through.

    ReplyDelete