Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fire and Rain

The last 48 hours have been a whirlwind of emotions and I'm just not sure how to feel today. In the last 48 hours, a friend has gotten engaged, another friend was layed off from his job, while yet another friend has found out she may have to go back to work. I lost a friend and I have grown closer to another friend. A friend got pregnant, while another friend struggles for the miracle of starting a family. A lot of ups and downs and unsureties. And when ever my mind gets heavy with emotions - it always turns one place.

In the book, the 5 people you meet in heaven, our main character finds out that the fourth person he met was his wife who died several years before him. She was his best friend and he missed her terribly. When he finally is reunited with her he tells her about his life, by sharing the regular every day stuff.

I so badly want to have a best friend to share my life with, and yet I don't. I haven't had a best friend in years and so on days like today, when all the world is changing - I always turn my thoughts back to KNJ...and wish that some how I could tell her about Cindy, Dun, Gu, Allison, Mentzers, Erin and others. Instead my mind just plays snapshot images of her with a sound track of songs.

Song one
Song two
Song three
Song four
Song five

No comments:

Post a Comment