Friday, March 7, 2008

Dating advice

I have two clients that are pretty close in age, somewhere between 9 and 11. They come at the same time and so I treat one of them for 30 minutes while the real PT works with the other, and then I switch and get the other. One is a girl and the other is a boy.

During Treatment
Girl: Sean you need a wife to make you happy.
me: Really? Hmm how should I go about that?
Girl: On myspace there are a ton of girls you could get to know. Then you could woo them and pick one to marry.

After switching
Boy: Forget myspace, Sean, E-harmony is the way to go. That's what my dad says.
me: I don't know about the whole e-harmony thing. I once did their survey thing and one of the girls they suggested was a girl I knew. I would have never dated that girl because of her personality and her looks.
Boy: What was wrong with her looks?
me: She was ugly.
Boy: Then you should go to the other place my dad suggests.
me: Where's that?
Boy: Hooters. My dad says they have some great waitresses there that he'd like to do stuff with. Maybe you could meet a waitress at Hooters and you could marry her.


So this weekend I'm trying to figure out my plan...go to Hooters and get a waitress to date, or work in my garden and not get a Hooters' waitress. Or maybe I should spend some time on my space....

I love 10 year-old kids and the things they say.

9 comments:

  1. Hasn't science and technology made this world GREAT! Isn't it amazing what a little silicone and vasoline spread on the skin can do to make a woman (Hooters object) look like every man's dream? As for eharmony, maybe you are fated to marry an ugly women that you can't stand to be in the same room with. BTW - why were you even discussing your (lack of) love life with clients?

    Sarcasm aside, just hang in there, the right woman for you will fall into your lap one of these days. in the mean time just enjoy life to the fullest. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I* wasn't discussing my love life with clients. My clients offered this advice unsolicited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Dad, I'm going hiking on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Sean, reinforce to this kid that looks are what is really important in a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i vote hooters. Then, if your waitress is ugly/dumb/not your taste then at least you wouldn't have wasted your time. It's all about multi-tasking, dinner/dating service. How could that go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read it again Liz, slower this time. It says personality and looks.

    And as much as we would like to say that looks aren't important, you still have to wake up next to the person and want to procreate with the person.

    Knowing that men from my family are incredibly hot (because I've been told so), obviously you married into this family because you were impressed by the looks of my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the only time I went to Hooters (back in HS, with a buddy who really wanted to go - and he was driving), I found both the waitresses and the food to be terribly overrated. :-)

    I think it's rad that these kids are offering to share these pearls of wisdom with you, Sean. You should take notes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. E-Harmony hates gays! Don't do it! (I know you're not gay, but a little solidarity wouldn't hurt.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't hate the new blue either.

    just so you know.

    ReplyDelete