Monday, December 8, 2008

Duh Moments

I am such an idiot sometimes. Today was one of those days where all of the synapse must have been firing just right because just at the right moment I figured it out.

I Love Melinda.

Melinda is a Park Ranger Major at BYUI.

Melinda loves camping.

I hate camping.

We used to compromise on marriage. I told her we could get married civilly first and after a year I'd take her to the temple. However, I now think she is going to make that a deal breaker so I'm hoping for a different compromise.

Instead of camping, I will agree to go RVing.

To go RVing the way I'd like to go RVing, I kept thinking that I would need a teardrop trailer. However, most teardrop trailers cost $2K - $3K. That's money that could be used to pay for education. So then I was thinking of getting a cab over for my truck, but there aren't a lot of cab overs made for small trucks.

Then today it occured to me - I already own a trailer. Why not just get a camper shell for the trailer and make a home out of that. It would save me a boat load of money and still have all the things I'd want for the treedrop.

I felt really stupid it took me until today to figure that out.

(Mind you if I keep having dreams like last night, I'm nixing the whole camping thing altogether. I dreamed last night Melinda got eaten by a bear on our honeymoon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment