Friday, December 18, 2009

Wedding balls and cakes

Fremont, CA

I over came my fear of wedding receptions and went to the first one in over 5 years tonight. I took Amy and Robin with me. They both knew the groom. I not only have known the groom for 8 or 9 years, but I've known the bride since she was born. Additionally, the reception was attended by people that have known me since I was 2; People I adopted as mom after my mom died; people who helped get me my eagle or taught me how to build roofs. And many of these people I haven't seen for a year at least. So it was nice going "home" again to see friends from the past and watch a union for the future.

(a note on the cake - each layer was a different flavor and my friend Barbara made it. She went to a culinary school and is probably the best pastry chef I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment