Sunday, October 1, 2006

A football, A Brick Oven, A Peak and how I got back on for a ride

Life has been busy complicated lately. I'm kind of seeing a girl right now. Nothing official - just a lot of making out and talking. She's more like LK than KNj so I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to keep her around. She actually has lower standards than me...if you can imagine that.

School has been busy as well. I added two classes pretty late into the semester and am playing catch up in those two classes and trying to stay up in all my other classes, and leave my apartment and the Library every now and then.

My cast comes off on Wednesday and I'm praying I'm all better. I'm tired of being in a cast and going to class.

But even with the cast...I've been having adventures.

The weekend of September 22 I had three adventures. I don't know if DUN & ~Gu~ think consiously of ways to bring adventures into my life or are they just naturally cool and thus adventures spring from them. But I was in Provo this weekend to see a play (which sucked) on the Friday night. On Saturday, Dun took me to see BYU play USU in football. This was my second college football game. Brother took me to a bowl game back in the 199o's. The Mizzou tigers were playing in a bowl game for the first time since the civil war. The game with my brother was nice, but it involved drunken fans and seats where I couldn't see a lot of the game. DUN bought tickets that were high up in the bleachers on the west side of the stadium (right above the BYU marching band - that weren't half bad as long as they were sitting. The formation of the Tuba players on the field needs some work though). I was able to see the whole game from our spot. And for once I got to feel school spirit. By going to a school without a football team I don't feel any unity with my classmates. We don't have a common foe. I talk to J.Splatt (page 2 of link) recently and we were talking about BYU-I football. On Thursday night there were three games. BYU-I won and lost all three games. How annoying! I really loved being at BYU Provo's game. This was truly a great adventure DUN.

On Saturday night, Gu insisted we go to this resteraunt called "The Brick Oven." Words cannot describe how fat I would be if I lived in Provo. The resteraunt was superb. They had really really good (low carbonated) rootbear and the best pasta I had had in a long time. It was heaven. Gu always cooks these magnisifant means when I'm in Provo, that the Brick Oven can't compare, but oh was it sooo good.

On Saturday night I had my third Provo adventure. DUN recently discovered this little exit off the road about a mile into Provo Canyon. If you take it you go up this windy road filled with fall colored trees. It was pictuestque (I can hardly wait until I have money to buy an SLR camera, I dished out almost $400 this past Friday for truck repairs, and I'm not done yet, so the camera will have to wait). At the end of this road is a place called Squaw Peak. It is so beautiful up there. You can see all the way to the Nevada border. It was just awesome.

My last adventure was on Friday. I'm in the process of gathering information for a paved path cycling blog I'm working on. So on Friday, BSR and I went on a bike ride to Rigby lake. It is a mile long trail that circles the lake. I took out the Scarab initially. I took two laps on that before trading bikes with BSR. Then I took out the Freedom Ryder. I managed to not flip it and I didn't break my other wrist. Instead, I got a sense of recovery. I felt empowered to be back on the bike again after 5 weeks off of it. I wouldn't say I was scared of riding again, but I was aprehensious (spellin?). It felt so good to be back onthe bike. I think I'm going on another ride this coming Friday in Blackfoot. I'm excited again.

***
In Unrelated news - KNJ got her mission call, as did my cousin EJC. Both enter the MTC on the same day in November. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. yeah- BRICK OVEN! BRICK OVEN! That place has become my weakness... while i've been able to avoid the joint, i think about it daily- You need to come visit again so we have an excuse to go!OH- Dun and i made Chicken Enchiladas yesterday- remind me to make them for you when you come to visit- they were delish!

    ReplyDelete