Thursday, October 5, 2006

so what do you do now?

My cast came off on Wednesday. What would a responsible person do? He would probably not go country and swing dancing, but when have I ever been responsible?

As a promise to BSR & AM (why are there so many AM's in my life?), if the cast came off, I'd go dancing. Little did I know that even when you're "healed" you still need time to rebuild strength. I'm in a splint now. I can remove the splint to shower and excercise my wrist.

But I went anyway. There is an interesting problem at the country and swing dances. Swing has 1.5 girls for every guy. Country has 3 girls for every guy! Girls there are so happy to dance they will even take on a gimp with no dancing skills (I used to dance before I met KNJ, but she hated going to dances - so we never went. I no longer have those "skills," though I still have numchuck skills.).

I really thought once I got the cast off, my milking days were over, but atlas no! With the splint, and trying my best to look pathetic, I can still milk these girls for a little more time in their arms. God Bless America and modern science. (In the old days they would have just shot me like they shoot lame horses. They shoot horses don't they?)

No comments:

Post a Comment