Saturday, October 7, 2006

What do we do with Sean?

The school over accepted 1200 students. Additionally, my GPA is sitting at 2.709. To get on Fast Grad I would need to be at 2.8 and not be competing with 1200 extra students. Therefore I have nothing to do from December 20, 2006 to April 16, 2007. I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself. I have lived continuously in Rexburg for 18 months (It will be 20 by December). I no longer can be labled a gypsy (Thanks Sis). My advisor and I both think it would do me some good to get out of Rexburg, but I'm struck with: Where should I go? My advisor suggested Reno, AZ (return to the area of my mission), Texas and North Carolina. I'm pretty opento those, as long as I can find work and a place to stay.

I open this up to the rest of you, though. I do have qualifiers:

No Oregon
No South Carolina
Nothing north of Chicago and still in Illinois (Imagine a square box with Chicago on the east, Beloit, WI on the north/top end of the box, LaMoille, IL on the south/bottom end of the box and Clinton, IA on the west side of the box - nothing in the box until July 2008)

The last qualifier is I don't want to be a burden on my father and John. (I grow best when I don't live with my father. I could live 10 minutes away, just not with him. John has no way of housing his truck and mine.)

Can any one think of anywhere I could go to get life experiences, get out of mormonville, and find housing and a job?

5 comments:

  1. so, basiacally... i'd have to wait until april to see you? bah. oh well :-p

    you could always move here and work for boston scientific. $11/hr... eh?

    north carolina is beautiful... i think you'd really like it there...

    ~katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father put in a vote for Phoenix tonight. So 1 more MN; 1 for AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever is suggesting that you would enjoy living in MN between January and April is no friend of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that.. MN in winter.. burrrrrrrrrr.. I could see you at home in CA here in Antioch if interested... NC you'd survive.. but I think that the southerners would drive you up the wall.

    ReplyDelete