Thursday, September 6, 2007

Book List

My second blog post in as many hours. I must have a lot to get out there. Saturday I will post the 5th article in the dead animal series. Tonight I posted the 4th for your viewing pleasure.

I'm at a crossroads in my life and I'm hoping you can help me. I'm not a reader. I read slow and I get bored easily. But I want to read. I sometimes crave the written word. But I'm not sure what to read. I used to read non-fiction (9/11 Commission Report, My Life, & First Comes Love). Then during my last semester at BYU-Idaho, I switched over to fiction (The missing piece meets the big O, The Da Vinci Code, The Five People You meet in Heaven, & The little mouse, the red ripe strawberry and the big hungry bear). And now I'm at a crossroads. Over the weekend I finished Digital Fortress and I need something to read at night. For my non-fiction tastes I'm reading Cindy's old blog. For my fiction tastes - I don't know where to go. Does anyone have any suggestions of a book that is fiction that is over 100 pages and less than 500 pages that they are either enjoying now or would like to enjoy or have had enjoyable experiences with?

Thanks

6 comments:

  1. I like Michael Crichton, and it seems like he has a bunch of books that fit that length requirement. Congo, Jurassic Park, Timeline...I'd check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a good book called "the door within". the Myst series is also really good. i'll agree that michael crichton has some really really good books. other authors i'd reccomend...
    Issac Asimov, Jules Vern, Anne McCaffery, D.J. MacHale, Kevin Crossley-Holland, H.G Wells... i have many other authors/titles of books (quite a list, actually) if your interested...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man who loved clowns by June Rae Wood.

    while u might want to proceed with caution as it is a fiction that more than touches on the deaths of loved ones, i read this book through my late elem. years.

    Still, i loved it and read it over and over and is really the only book i read back then and still remember what it's all about- even on an emotional level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a girl and I like girlie movies and as would logically follow I like girlie books. But I must suggest anything with dragons in it. With a dragon in a book you just never know what you will get. I like Eragon though it is longer than you asked for. I also like "Dealing with Dragons". It's about an unconventional princess and her dealings with dragons when she runs away from home. I liked it but then again read the disclaimer above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, try Tuesdays with Maurry as well. Trust me it is good, though I've only seen the movie. You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand

    ReplyDelete