Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shower Hore

Hi. My name is Sean and I'm a shower hore. I will do almost anything for a decent shower. First I should mention what an ideal shower would be.

The Room: Small. I don't like shower rooms that have the vanity and sink in the same room as the toilet and the shower. I think that these should be in separate rooms. I think this for two reasons - one of which is practicality. Your significant other can be shaving her lip (or between her eyebrows) while you shower. Second I think that the smaller the room (within reason, see next part), the better. There is less space to heat and therefore the heat level is easier to keep up.

The Shower: Should be the size of a tub. I've seen the extremes of either side and I don't approve. In the movie Lord of War, Nicolas Cage makes love to his wife in a shower that is as large as their master bedroom. No no, too big. It's not nearly intimate enough nor is it going to keep the heat at a decent level. For the last 3 years I've showered in a shower that was half the size of a tub. This doesn't work either - occasionally you need to step away from the water to soap up or ponder or what ever. There is no room for that when you're in a shower the size of a porta potty. Instead you need a shower the size of a tub.

Apparatuses: I struggle with this one all the time. I'm not sure if I should need a movable shower head or multiple shower heads. There is a part of me that really likes the idea of shower heads on at least two sides of me if not on three sides, but I've never experienced that. (I saw it once in a movie with Kevin Kline) The only thing I've experienced is a removable shower head and I must say that it is better than a fixed head.

Divider: I like a thick curtain with overhead lighting the best. Glass sliding doors are pretty and allow more light in, but sometimes they don't keep the heat level as high as I'd like.

Placement: This is critical. A shower must be placed as near to the hot water heater as possible. Where I live now, the hot water heater is down in the garage. The cold water comes quicker and the hot water is slower. You waste so much precious time waiting for the temperature to change. This is not appropriate. Therefore, the hot water heater should not be any further away than 2 feet and should definitely be on the same level as the shower. When I'm rich (I no longer want to be famous - just rich) I will designate a hot water heater per shower. A shower should never share a hot water heater with another shower. There should be no hot water heater polygamy. That's just wrong. Additionally, by placing the shower so close to the hot water heater, you get really good water pressure. A shower should have some force to it. The massaging flow should be able to either wake up those sleepy bones or to work out the stress caused from the day's torchure. Either way, the water pressure is important and this comes directly from placement.

Now that I've described the specifications I want to relate what I am willing to do for the perfect shower. I am willing to sleep at the worse Motel 6 (cough Sacramento cough) without complaining or writing a letter to corporate. I am willing to stay with roommates in Rexburg that I'd rather hit with my truck. I'm willing to do almost about anything. Additionally, what am I willing to do to get away from a bad shower? I'm willing to fix it or to move to a more expensive neighborhood just to have a great shower. Like I said, I'm a shower hore.

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure that the shower in my parents' master bath would fit most of these specifications- i'll see if i can hook u up sometime!

    ReplyDelete