Thursday, November 22, 2007

20 things I'm grateful for

The fine people at Fancy Simple (By the way I haven't gotten my prize yet) have suggested we write out 20 things we're grateful for.

There is some what of an order to this.

1. God
2. Jesus Christ
3. Holy Ghost
4. My family - I have been a pain to deal with for the last three years and they have been very supportive.
5. My girlfriend Nina - I'm amazed at her patience and her forgiveness.
6. My friends.
7. My digital camera. I love sharing my life with the world with one snap shot at a time. It was the best father's day gift any one could ever give me. I love my dad for it and I am so grateful for my opportunity to do PAD.
8. My health. I spent a lot of time as a kid being sick. While I still get sick more often than other people, I'm still thankful for the improved health I enjoy. I don't spend as much time sick as I used to.
9. My truck. I'm not a very material kind of guy, but I do appreciate the blessings of my truck. My father helped me buy it and it has allowed me some experiences I doubt I could ever have had any other way.
10. Garden State. What? A movie in my top ten things? Yes - because this movie, more than any other, moves me beyond the depression of lost into a direction of hope.
11. America. Despite all of the stupid things that happen here, I still appreciate all of the blessing I have by being bred and born under the flag that stands for freedom.
12. Baseball. My father was a complicated man when I was growing up. We didn't always have a lot in common and furthermore his work constantly took him out of the country. But every summer he made time to take Chad and I to baseball games. And as we would watch the A's lose, my father would talk to us, share stories with us, and make us feel like we were the only kids with their dad at those games.
13. Myspace, facebook, and blogger. I don't think I would remain as close as I am to friends any family if it wasn't for those three networking sites.
14. Good TV. I just love TV that inspires me and makes me think differently. It's rare now days, but it is worth it.
15. Good book writers. I will always be impressed that Mitch Albom got me to cry the tears that my therapist tried for two years to get me to cry. And it turns out my therapist was right - it felt so good to do it.
16. mechanical knowledge. I know people that can't hear of a problem and then know how to fix it with their tools and a 2x4. I am so grateful for the gifts and talents I have been given to build and fix things in this world.
17. The charity of others.
18. Forgiveness
19. Family traditions. We don't have many, but I love the ones we do have. Even though some of them are morbid.
20. knj. Without her, I would have never believed in myself and I wouldn't have done so well. It's weird, but I knew I loved Nina from something KNJ had taught me.

1 comment: