Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Does this make me a bad boyfriend?

In case you missed this somewhere along the way, Nina and I are back together. The break up was a catalyst for a very frank and honest discussion where in a lot of the issues we both had were resolved.

So being back together we are back to talking on the phone on a pretty regular basis. (Every Night!) Occasionally I find my self ending the conversation to watch TV. I'm not a big TV kind of guy, but there are shows that I find interesting. House, Mad Men, The Office and The Closer. (Wow! I'm not network particular at all - FOX, AMC, NBC, TNT. So much for loyalty.) I usually get my TV online through various online pirate spots. (Here and Here for starters.) But occasionally I will end a conversation with Nina so that I can watch TV. I wonder if this makes me a bad guy or just a guy. Hmm.

7 comments:

  1. I guess if she's okay with it it shouldn't be an issue- but i think if dun had done the some thing to me when we were doing the "dating from a distance" thing, i would have been really hurt. kind of a show of priorities yadda yadda yadda- but i guess if u call her right back after the show is over...

    u also have to remember that i was kind of high maintenance about the whole "telephone" thing... as in we talked to each other till 3am- and that was when we saw each other every day!

    so maybe she just isn't as high-maintenance as i am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your talking to her on a daily basis, then she should be fine with you cutting off a conversation to watch some TV. unless, as gu said, she's way high maintenance, then she might have problems with it, but in that case she should say something about it before you stop cutting off conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true- melinda's right. Something like this should be communicated to you rather than u just reading her mind/anticipating she MIGHT have a problem with it. This type of thing is EXACTLY the types of things that need to be said right away rather than sat on and allowed to boil over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's okay with it for now. It doesn't happen pretty often and when it does happen, it usually at the end of a really long conversation. Well, except on Turkey Day. On thanksgiving I called her between football games and she wasn't impressed with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm high maintenance. It would cause serious issues with me. A television show shouldn't take priority over talking to me. Get a DVR. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two points:

    1) You do need a TiVo. Everybody needs a TiVo. Some people need two of them! Seriously, you could probably get dad to make you one using an old laptop and Linux software.

    2) This will be a non-issue shortly, as the writer's strike means that the supply of new episodes are drying up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually Chad, this already is a non-issue. Nina and I broke up on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete