Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prizes

San Leandro, CA

I went to a poker fund raiser/birthday party Saturday night. The adult coordinator for the power soccer team has a yearly birthday poker bash where he asks for donations to BORP. BORP has different companies that have donated items for fund raising purposes. So tonight there were prizes for playing. I took 5th place for both times we played so I got the beanie and the two tickets to Six Flags. (Sorry Dad: If I could have lasted to fourth place I could have gotten the Saber Cat Tickets. Oh well.)

The third item is the parting gift everyone got.

4 comments:

  1. Sean -- the beanie hat looks great -- I should be so lucky to get one of those...

    Have fun at 6 Flags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am highly amused that you got that beanie that you could have gotten for half the price the day before. i love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MN: Tickets to 6 flags are $49.99 a piece, so my prizes are worth $120. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I'm planning on selling them on Craigslist. The going price for the tickets is $49.99 a piece. There is an internet price you can get off of 6 Flags website for $35.00. So I figure if I sell the tickets (there's 2) for $65.00 on Craigslist I'll be 5 dollars under the going rate and yet still make a decent chunk of change.

    ReplyDelete