Saturday, April 12, 2008

Western Division 1 Group Photo

Berkeley, CA

I helped referee 8 Power Soccer games today. Teams came from Hollister CA, San Jose CA, Berkeley CA, Newark CA, and Phoenix AZ. (Not pictured is Newark)

Tangent 1:
I spent a great amount of time today thinking up names that don't chant well. The Arizona Heat 3rd Degrees would often chant, "Turn up the heat!". The BORP Earthquakes would chant "Shake it up!" The San Jose Steamrollers would chant "Go Steamrollers!" & "Bam Bam!" However, the Newark Hot Rodders and the BORP Crushers didn't chant anything team oreonated. And it got me thinking, that maybe, just maybe, there are teams out there that should have spent more time trying to figure out what they were going to chant if they picked their particular name.


Tangent 2:
So, at times, Cerebral Palsy really really annoys me. The Heats had this Beautiful girl playing for them. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. But because people with CP don't develop physically as the same as people without CP, I couldn't tell if she was 17 or 25. And I don't like asking others because if she is 17 then you look like a sicko. But I couldn't ask her, because each person with CP has their own language and I didn't have the time to learn hers. It took me a year to learn my old boss, Steve's, language. Grr.

Sorry for the tangents

No comments:

Post a Comment