Friday, October 26, 2007

Habit Scavenger Hunt

The fine people over at Fancy Simple (Yes I know it's a girl website) challenged its readers to go on a photo scavenger hunt. My Sister-in-law did one dedicated to me. I liked the idea so much that I did one too.

Habit in Action - I am constantly reading and checking e-mail. I don't always respond right away, but I do constantly check.

Good Habit - I always use my wireless headset when driving. I am not going to be one of those people that look like they are drunk and driving just because I have to use one hand to drive.

Bad Habit - I bite my nails when I'm bored or nervous.

Habit to aspire to - Always taking a good shot for PAD and not "mundane" pictures of my apartment. I think the real goal is to take a picture that brightens someone's day: Like airplanes for Dun, sunflowers and daisy's for Gu, animals for Melinda and Nina, and landscapes for my father. But I definitely need to aspire to taking quality shots.


Habit forming - I spend way too much time watching TV and playing on the internet. I'm trying to get into the habit of being creative and using my time for others if I don't need my time. If I carve more, I can give my carvings away to brighten someone's day. This is a picture of the next fish I'm trying to carve after the last one didn't turn out that bad.

6 comments:

  1. Sean - its not a girl website!!! thanks for playing... I love the photos of your hand - I used to be a nail biter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say the pictures were mundane, just the objects. Anyway, i don't think it is wise to pick a fight with the art history major about whether mundane objects can be artistic. i also think i said that i
    appreciated the mundane objects, yes? Angie's right, it is not a girl site. The boys are just too afraid to come play with the girls because we rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a girl website...there are several posts where they say "Good job Ladies" or "Hey Ladies!"

    A unisex blog is not "Ladies" only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Sean. You've busted us. We didn't intend to be a girl only website, but we do cater to our mostly-girl audience.

    Thanks for playing along, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stand up for your rights Sean. Post on the site more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the new rules. Me posting on the sight benefits you more than it benefits me.

    ReplyDelete