Friday, October 12, 2007

Turning off the TV

I am sadly not all that impressed with The Office this season. I don't find myself laughing like I used to in previous episodes.

Baseball is drawing to a close and I can't say I'm all that excited about the world series. I was a Red Sox fan when they were the underdogs, but now they are a power house team. The three other teams don't do anything for me either.

Mad Men season finally is next week. They won't be back until Summer of 08.

My schedule doesn't really do anything for TV on other nights. Monday nights is FHE, Tuesdays are for institute and volleyball, Wednesday is institute and shooting pool. Sundays are the Sabbath an I'm trying really hard not to let sacred become a televised experience. Saturdays I'm either coaching or working on other projects. Pretty soon, Fridays and Saturdays will be taken up with class for my credential program.

At this point, the only reason I turn on the TV is to listen to the Sirius Satellite radio stations that come from the Dish we have. I'm hoping to get Sirius for Christmas (either by my own way or by the way of someone else). So I won't even need to turn on the TV for that anymore.

I think I'm getting pretty darn close to turning off the TV (except for DVDs that is). I'll let you know if I find a need to go back to TV.

2 comments:

  1. You've got to be excited about the Rockies. Are they ever going to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been following the world series. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete