Friday, March 17, 2006

Aye Lassy. I am quite the handy man.

Happy St. Patrick's day! I'm not sure which one, but I'm sure one of Katie's kids shares their birthday with this holiday too. So Happy Birthday Kid!

One of my friends recently referred to me as handy. Which got me thinking. In the last year I have done the following:

Sheet rocked half of the down stairs in the house in Oregon
Built the most awesome grills, while living in Oregon
Fixed the bikes Adaptive Services uses (this includes both on the fly repairs and more detailed repairs)
Fixed the Bowling Ramp Adaptive Services uses.
Fixed the foot rest on the Wheelchair owned by Adaptive.
Fixed the spokes on the same chair.
Fixed the breaks on 4 other wheelchairs
Built 4 bookshelves
Built 1 dining room table
Built 2 computer desks
Consulted on a set for a play in Oregon
Built the Spook alley for BYU-Idaho's halloween (Even gave a girl tentanus too)
Fixed a cane
Fixed it again in a different spot
Fixed it a third time in one last spot.
Fixed a LCD projector
Installed Gutters in Oregon (for 4 days)
Installed a stove fan
rotatilled a back yard
Built a compost box
traced electrical lines through a two story house
Installed up-to-code electrical plugs through out the same house
Mounted a $800 flat screen TV to a fall and ran all of the electrical and cable connections.
(Admitidly, those last 6 were done with my father having lead and me have the assistant role)
Rebuilt a trailor (almost)

Right now I'm building a plane, consulting on a TV stand and a bed design (though my favorite bed plan still eludes me. I want the bed that Deseret Industries makes. And I will some day.)

Today I took apart a "shopping" cart a non-traditional student with Adaptive uses for her can recycling business. (Her bearings were all gooped up and the wheels wouldn't turn right. I took out the axels, cleaned them, greased them up, cleaned the housings, greased the housings, and put it all back together. Where you could hear her 500 yards off, now you can't here anything)

Come summer I'm installing steps to a deck out in Teton.

There are still three projects I'd like to complete but will have to wait.

I would like to buy and modify a 1960's or 1970's VW Bus.
I'd like to buy a trailer and modify it to suit my needs.
I'd like to rebuild my friendship with KNJ.

But after looking at that list, DUN might be right... Aye Laddy - I am handy.

2 comments:

  1. Anytime you want to come out here to work we have a plane ticket with your name on it!! Spring planting season is coming up fast! Stephanie will be here next week to replace most of my kitchen and bath fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could. Oh how I wish I could. But unfortunately, the earliest you'll see me in Wisconsin is in August (for the 3rd year in a row).

    ReplyDelete