Monday, March 27, 2006

Cook Book

While I was in Utah this past weekend, I ate a meal at OSF and some mexican resteraunt (that was freaking awesome). However, I also enjoyed three delicious meals with a world class chef. This is not the first time I have been blessed with a great cook while traveling. Both ~Gu~ and Sis are great chefs. And I know why.

I have had the blessing of touring both kitchens. Both kitchens have something I don't. Cookbooks. I assume that every kitchen has a cookbook of some sort. What makes ~Gu~'s and Sis's cookbooks better is they are actually read and marked up. Both have those sticky notes keeping track of the good recipes. Both are prominetly displayed. Both are used regularily.

I am what you would call "cookingly boring." Tonight for dinner I had rice, chicken tenders, and brown gravy all mixed together. I'm sure if I am to ever get over my boring cooking three things will have to happen:
1. Graduate from school so that I can go home to cook at night.
2. Have a better kitchen.
3. Buy a good cookbook.

When I was in ~Gu~'s kitchen I wrote down the ISBN number, but now I can't find it. Oh well. It's okay - I'm at least a year off from getting through with requirements 1 & 2.

1 comment:

  1. hey what's up... SO about the cookbook... try visiting Oxmoor House's website (oxmoorhouse.com) and search cooking light, The purple cookbook you were looking at was called The complete Cooking Light Cookbook, and costs $34.95... HOWEVER... I wouldn't recommend it, if you don't want to spend thirty-five bucks on a cookbook that will require you to have a TON of ingredients on hand, fine, but otherwise... there are these cookbooks that you can find at Deseret Book... They maybe cost 15bucks and are perfect for students... they are about the size of half a sheet of paper and are wire bound... there's a HUGE variety... they're 101things to do with... (ramen, tortilla, cake mix, slow cooker, chicken, potatoes, etc.) My good friend and my sister have nearly all of them and love them... you should give'em a try! 101 things to do with a Potato should be in your mailbox in 10 days or so... I figured it would be a good one to start with considering you're love for potatoes and the entire gem state!

    ReplyDelete