Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tibits

Keeping with the four reasons why I keep a Blog. This will equate to reason number 3.

EB
As some of you already know, EB prayed about "us" (which I find hilarious because there is no "us." We weren't in a committed relationship or anything). She felt inspired to tell me we shouldn't date any more. So that's that. 6 weeks, 5 quarts of Ice cream, and a whole lot of hand holding down the drain. Worst off, I didn't learn a damn thing. She told me I was a great guy but felt we needed to break up. This is the same problem I have with Amanda. If you don't want to date - fine. But tell me WHY, so that I can improve.
I have found that in my life I am very mature in certain areas and not so much in others. I'm mature when it comes to working, getting projects done, interacting with people on a professional level such as in the theatre or while working for Adaptive Services. I'm not as mature in my study habits or in my dating. People think I am, but I'm not. But I'm trying. I know I'm not like the normal date. But how am I to improve when people like EB & Amanda don't tell me what they didn't like. I love KNJ and hate KNJ because of this. At least KNJ told me on the last day what she didn't like about dating me. It allows me to improve. But to not tell me does two things: I don't grow and it makes it difficult for the next girl. The only real thing I've learned from this is, I hate dating in Idaho. In Cali I always had a girlfriend and dating was fun and full of life. Here, dating is movies & bowling and the girls are weird. GRR!

Stalker Tom

Do you like the new place? This new blog is brought to you via Stalker Tom. He was using the information posted on the blog, the name on the e-mail account (which is an alias) and BYU-Idaho's website to figure out who I was and where I lived. Instead of going through and finding all of the places I made a personal reference to my self, I just deleted the blog. I'm sorry for the confusion but I don't trust people on the internet that are trying to figure out who I am. I've actually changed out all of my e-mail addresses associated with this blog, changed out my username, and changed all of the blog addresses. Plus, I found out that blogger will not post your blog on their search files if you do this certain thing. So Tom can search all he wants, but no blogs will show up.

Ungrateful

I'm one of those type of people that has learned how to play the game. I know who I can be rude to and who I need to respect. I know what to say and when to say it. Some people never do learn that. Take this article for example. Asher didn't start WCB. In fact, I wouldn't have never read the article if it wasn't for others who had started WCB e-mailing me the article. But that isn't really the part that gets to me. It where he says:

“We need more people to participate to get the school to fund it to make it more competitive,” Davison said.

Right now the school rents wheelchairs, but they are expensive and clunky, making it hard for basketball, Davison said.

The school already is funding the program, which they don't have to. The school is not required to offer WCB. They do because they see people enjoy playing it. But it isn't a guarantee. The school also offers adaptive bowling, adaptive cycling and adaptive skiing. Things like this take politics to get going. But Asher made some people upset with his comments. We (Adaptive Services) was in the process of trying to get some higher ups in the school to buy us chairs, but after reading Asher’s comments, certain people in the administration is second guessing that idea. They don’t think Asher appreciates what he has now.

In able to let Asher gain an appreciation for what it takes to get WCB off the ground, Adaptive Services put him in charge of the next game. The WCB committee from fall 2005 wrote a manual to help future game organizers have success. Asher flat out told Adaptive that he doesn’t need the manual. Furthermore, the manual states the rules for playing at BYU-Idaho. If WCB is to take off and be sustained as a sport that the school pays for and allows, certain rules must be followed. Asher said he didn’t like some of the rules and doesn’t plan on following them.

How dumb do you have to be, to not see what you are doing? If the rules aren’t followed, the school doesn’t support the program and the WCB games go away. Why would someone do that to themselves?

An Addict is born

So a few days ago ~Gu~ got internet in her apartment. This resulted in her starting her own blog. She is now blogging every day. I'm so glad I could help in her developing an addiction.


1 comment:

  1. The EB code? I don't think there's a code. She said she prayed about it and got the inspiration we weren't supposed to be dating. That's about the fourth girl I've heard that from. So if there is a code it's one of two things:

    A. God doesn't trust me with his daughters.
    B. Mormon girls that use prayer to get answers about dating choose to have a negative response to that experience.

    I've got 12 months left here then I'll go back to Cali (or some other place other than Rexburg) and date. I'm only 27. My dad didn't start having kids until he was 30 and he was still a big guy in my childhood. If I follow the example of my father, I can still be a big part of my kids lives.

    As for Asher, He's in a chair permanently. He knows how to deal with the day to day challenges of being disAbled.
    My point was that he is going to shoot himself in the arm if he's not careful. He's going to lose WCB if he keeps bad mouthing the school in the Scroll.

    ReplyDelete