Thursday, March 23, 2006

A little something in the air

(First off - Tomorrow is Splatt's Birthday. Happy 21st Birthday.)

Do you feel that something special feeling around you? You know something special is going on, but you can't quite put your finger on it. What is important about Saturday? Why does Saturday play such an important role in your weekly life?

I KNOW THE ANSWER!

On Friday the 25th of March 2005, I started writing my first blog. That's right, one year ago Saturday, your life was forever changed. It started out slow with no foundation and with little thought of where it would go. I wasn't sure what to write or how to write. What do you include? What do you exclude? Some great lessons were learned:
1. Don't relate too much personal information or show pictures or KNJ will send you a nasty e-mail.
2. Do include funny embarrassing tibits from your life.
3. Don't be affraid to create a new blog, even if you end up killing it later.
4. Moderate your comments so that you don't get "comment spam".
5. Do allow comments - sometimes the comments are funnier than the post.

This first blog has resulted in several other blogs:
1. Bob and Fred's Blog - killed thanks to stalker Tom
2. Rexburg sled report - killed after three weeks of no snow
3. Rexburg Gossip - killed because I ran out of gossip until today - Craigos is moving and becoming a full Italian resteraunt.
4. Sean's Dating life - killed because of stalker Tom and Sean was dating Erika for a while.
5. I know Harold King - killed because I have writer's block, but used to show the humor in knowing my friend Harold and the influence he has.
6. Sean's Spiritual blog - Killed because of stalker Tom.
7. Southern Idaho Spirit
8. Life in Idaho
9. John's blog
10. Katie's blog
11. Jenni's blog
12. ~Gu's~ blog (Formerly am)
13. Dun's Blog (Formerly AM and ProvoPRguy)
14. Sean's attempt at fiction writing (coming soon to a computer screen near you!)

I have been axiously awaiting this day so that I could give you a number of times the blogs have referred to KNJ, EVO-Grills, and Murderball, but with the other blogs killed, I don't have an accurate count. Alot is my guestimate.

I will be in Utah on Saturday watching a Murderball practice, so I'll post this now.

Happy 1 Year Blogging!!!

2 comments:

  1. grr! I just got an e-mail from the Utah Murderball team. They played their last game last week at a tournament in SLC. I missed seeing the tournament.

    Oh well. Now I can spend more time enjoying Provo and my friendshipo with ~Gu~ and DUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete