Thursday, March 16, 2006

you stay right there while I get the belt

Today has been a truly awesome day. It starts with me getting off of work early. I came home to finish up work on my clusters. What are clusters you ask? BYU-Idaho is rethinking education. In the diverse world we live in, sometimes companies require more experience than what just a major and minor can provide for you. So BYU-Idaho provides the choice of the former mentioned course or, instead, a major and two clusters.

For people like me that have changed their majors more times than you change your socks, it allows me to get a cluster or two in the areas that I initially studying in.

I have one cluster in "Social Perspectives in English Literature," which comes from my days of an English Major. This cluster is already completed. I won't have to take any more additional classes for this cluster. My second Cluster is in "Sociology". 3 of the classes are already taken. Only one more to take.

After you dream up these Clusters you have to get two signatures. One from the advising office and one from the department head. Then you turn your form into the Registar. I completed the forms on my English one on Tuesday and today I got my Sociology one completed. They are turned in and already posted on the computer. I'm done with my clusters. Now over the weekend I have to petition for my major change to Psychology. Once I do that, I will be set to Graduate April 28th 2007.

The next piece of happy news is I'm THIN. I noticed about a week ago that my pants were pretty loose. I've worn all my pants this week (all 7 of them) and I have started out with my belt at the normal loop hole and moved it down one later in the day. I'm thinner in all my pants and have had to tighten my belt with every pair. I'm thinner!!! Woo hoo. Maybe Jared is right. By eating more Subway and less Sonic. Maybe it was moving to whole wheat bagels for breakfast instead of donuts. Maybe it's because I drink only water and the occasional IBC Cherry Limeade and not the high levels of kool-aide KNJ got me addicted to. But what ever the reason - I'm actually getting thinner! Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Sean! I know how good it feels to be able to pull the belt a little tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give credit where credit is due, it was the sledding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been sledding in months. i'm working 30-40 hours a week in a labor intensive job. My sled isn't even sure what I look like at this point.

    ReplyDelete